Baptism Classes for Parents and prospective Godparents are held the last Saturday of the month. Choosing a Godparent should be taken seriously, because it will be their responsibility to see that the child is brought up in the faith if for some reason parents are not able to fulfill this responsibility. Below are the criteria that MUST be met for a person to be a Godparent issued by the United States Conference of Bishops.
- Be a person sixteen years of age.
- Be initiated with the three Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist and living a life consistent with the faith.
- Be neither the father nor mother of the person to be baptized.
- Be one godparent, male or female; but there may be two, one of each sex.
- Be a member of the Catholic Church.
- Comply by attending (parents and godparents)Baptism classes conducted in individual parishes.
- Godparents if married must have been married in the Catholic Church.
- Divorced Catholics may be Godparents if they have not remarried or remarried after church annulment.
For any additional information that you may need please refer them to Deacon Dick McCann in Church office.
CHILDREN’S RECONCILIATION, FIRST COMMUNION, AND CONFIRMATION
All children enrolled in the CCE program will receive sacramental preparation through our classes during the school year. Contact Sister Sylvia Salvan at (806) 762-5225 for more information.
ADULTS NEEDING SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION
Please contact Deacon Jeff Church at the parish office at (806) 762-5225 for more information on our RCIA programs.
Please contact the parish office at (806) 762-5225. Notification of nine months is required. Please do not finalize your wedding plans until you have met with Fr. Emiliano Zapata, O.P.