PRINTABLE "PRAYING THE ROSARY"
USING THE ROSARY BEADS TO PRAY THE ROSARY
- At the Crucifix make the Sign of the Cross, then recite the Apostle's Creed.
- Say one Our Father on the first large bead.
- One Hail Mary on each of the three small beads.
- On the next large bead say One Glory Be, Announce the first Mystery then say one Our Father.
- Praying the Rosary:
Move around the right side of the rosary. On each of the ten small beads recite one Hail Mary while contemplating on the Mystery.
Praying the Scriptural Rosary:
The Scriptural Rosary combines the regular recitation of the rosary, with passages from scripture said before each Hail Mary. The scripture passages evolve so that the story of each mystery, or decade; unfolds on a bead by bead basis. The passages also tie into the meditation given before the decade.
- On each large bead say the Glory Be, announce the next Mystery then recite one Our Father and the Fatima Prayer. Repeat steps five and six for all five decades of the Rosary (say the Mystery, one Our Father, ten Hail Marys, one Glory Be).
- At the end of the last decade, on the medal or large bead, recite the Glory Be, followed by "Hail Holy Queen". It is then customary to kiss the crucifix followed by the Sign of the Cross.